Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fruit Crisp

Crisp and cobblers are such simple easy desserts! Use whatever fresh fruit you have available (pears, peaches, berries, plums, etc) We've been enjoying this with apples. I replace the orange juice with apple cider for deeper apple flavor.
Filling:
5 cups fresh chopped fruit (peeled if needed, in other words, don't peel blueberries, do peel apples!)
3 T brown sugar
1 T flour
1 T orange juice

In 9-inch square pan, gently toss filling ingredients.

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup flour
5 T melted butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp salt

Combine topping ingredients in bowl. Sprinkle on top of fruit. Bake at 400 degrees until fruit is bubbly and topping lightly browned, about 40 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.

2 comments :

  1. This apple crisp looks scrumptious! I just made some last week, but seeing your photos makes me want to make it again with the apples I just bought!
    Please enter me in your drawing - congratulations on your one year blogging anniversary! I enjoy reading your blog so much! Thanks for being faithful in your posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made an apple and blueberry crisp tonight using your recipe. We loved both of them. I really was in the mood for an apple crisp but when it was time to eat the blueberry crisp just caught my eye. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails