Monday, June 14, 2010

June Garden Tea - and Strawberry Scones

A June garden tea

enjoying fellowship with moms and daughters from church

with lots of yummy food!

Strawberry Scones

You don't need a tea party to find an excuse to enjoy these easy summertime scones. I want to try them next with blueberries!

1 cup strawberries (chopped into small pieces)
3 T sugar
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 T butter, cold
2/3 cup milk

Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add butter and cut in with pastry cutter or knife. Stir in fruit. Add milk and gently stir.

Turn dough onto floured surface. Knead gently and briefly. Sprinkle dough with flour if sticky.

Divide dough into two balls. Pat dough into a circle about 3/4 inch thick. Cut into 6-8 wedges. Transfer wedges to baking sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, depending on size and thickness. Serve with whipped cream.

6 comments :

  1. Gina these look fresh and delicious. Scones are so easy to make and everyone always loves them. Glad you had a good day with the mom's and kids. I try to do this with my girlfriends & kids every couple weeks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, this is the second tea party I've read about today. I'm thinking I ought to have one too!!! Your scones look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful blog and post! The pictures are so pretty! Nice to meet you and thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, I read your post, my husband got home, I told him about the scones, and we made then yesterday after dinner! We had one for dessert, and he took the rest to work this morning for a meeting he was having. Thanks! They were wonderful and I think will make many reappearances!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look very Anne of Green Gablish! :)Gotta try them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails