Monday, August 26, 2013

Dad Time

Last week, Ed took our children camping.






















Four years ago, Ed had taken the two oldest children (then ages five and almost four) on an overnight back-packing trip. They have talked about it ever since. And built up envy in the two youngest children who had been left at home.

So this weekend, Ed took all four on the same excursion.



Anticipation was high as the children loaded their backpacks. They hiked a short distance on the Appalachian Trail and spent the night in a rustic shelter.



The next morning they hiked to a mountain overlook.



They arrived home dirty, tired, and bubbling over with stories of their adventure.


And me? I'm not sure my pregnant bones would have survived a night on the ground and thankfully had other plans. While the rest of the family roughed it, I was having more fun than one mom can hold.

More tomorrow...

7 comments :

  1. I remember going camping with my Mom & older brothers when I was younger. But we went camping instead of having a holdiay celebration. My Mom just didn't have the $$ for gifts so we went camping! When I was younger, I didn't know the difference. We all loved it. the only camping I have done with my children has been with scouts & beyond that they didn't show musch interest. Once my grandson is a tad bit older (he's only 3) Prince charming & I will start taking him camping. We have been planning it!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Sometimes kids need to get away with just their dad, anyway, especially if they are home all day with Mom. I admire his courage in taking 4 kids hiking and camping as the only adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like they had a great time. Will build great memories for them all.
    Cheers,
    Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure they had a great time! Such wonderful memories there are making. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice dad and husband you have. My father wasn't an outdoorsman, but we did special trips to museums, sporting events and other things. These are memories that will live with me forever. He's been gone for nearly 20 years now, but he's always in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet husband you have!! The children are clearly enjoying every precious minute!! They look ready for action with those backpacks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails