Friday, March 14, 2014

Flo's Cakes - Apple Coffee Cake


 

Apple Coffee Cake
Shared by Florence Fox

This coffee cake recipe came from a friend. I changed it slightly to suit my tastes, and now consider it my favorite apple coffee cake. 
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (20 oz) apple pie filling
3 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
¾ cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Topping:
 ½ cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup oatmeal
1 cup mini butterscotch chips

Glaze: 
1 cup powdered sugar
1 ½ TBSP butter, melted
2 tsp lemon juice

Mix all cake ingredients together and pour in greased 9x13 pan. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350˚ for 45 minutes. When cool, mix glaze ingredients and drizzle over cake. 

Note from Gina:
I didn't have a cake mix so I substituted my own homemade mix. 

2 1/3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
Mix all the dry ingredients together. Cut in butter. Use as directed in any recipe calling for a white or yellow cake mix. The results in this coffee cake were excellent.


Florence lives in the northwoods of Michigan with her husband and three preschoolers. Her hobbies are writing and baking coffee cakes. A few  months ago she published a book titled My First Deer Hunt. This is a children’s story about the time her husband took their oldest son (then four-years-old) to the woods for his first hunting trip.  Email Flo at foxden @emypeople.net.

2 comments :

  1. This is an absolute winner!! I made it today using the "from scratch" cake mix recipe and omitted the nuts since not everyone here appreciates them. It is so good, I will be adding this to my recipe book. Thank you! Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake from scratch for Apple Coffee Cake does it take any eggs?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails